Jan 7, 2007

Mr. Boots is on his way

Yesterday, I left TN at 7:07 am and had an uneventful drive to Atlanta. The traffic was light and I enjoyed my new Sirius radio. I arrived at Mick's resturant at 11:49 am and Nancy who was keeping Mr. Boots had already arrived. She was talking with the valet when I pulled in. We met and then I met Mr. Boots. She had been telling him he was in for a happy adventure. We got his belonging moved to my van. Then David, another friend of Wylie's pulled in. Nancy also had things for him. We loaded several bags of beanie babies and they loaded many boxes of books. Because of my mastectomy, I wasn't much help there, so Mr. Boots and I got acquainted. Nancy graciously invited me in for lunch with her friends, but I declined. Hands were shaken all around. I thanked the valet who let us make these exchanges in his lot. He gave me directions to I-75N and off we went.
Mr. Boots was a wonderful travelling companion. We talked some and he slept some. He especially liked listening to Tony Bennett. To my chagrin, he wasn't interested in ESPN radio. There went my listening to the NFL playoff analysis. I occasionally put my camera down toward the cage while driving and got some pictures.

When we made a stop, I opened the cage door and was able to get some shots without the bars in front of his face.
Too soon we arrived at
The Fresh Market in Knoxville where Phyllis H. was waiting to take him on the next leg. It was great seeing her again and meeting her friend Kathy. Kathy had a wonderful huge cage in the back of her car. She had used it to moved her many (5 or 6) cats from Las Vegas. She had a rabbit move also, but not in that cage.
We took some pictures. Then, Mr. Boots was transferred to the cage, where I got my only full glimpse of him. Phyllis had finished her shopping and was ready to get home with Mr. Boots. So I said goodbye.

I did a little shopping myself (love their blue cheese burgers) and headed home. 581 miles later I was home and Mr. Boots was getting acquainted with Phyllis. He will stay a while with her. He has an appointment tomorrow with the vet. Phyllis wants to fatten him up some.
Stay tuned for the next leg of the trip.

4 comments:

Caminante said...

For those who pop into this blog, how about posting the maps that Val sent to Kitty Pics? If you don't have them, I can email them. I am going to send my sister over to this blog so she can learn about other cat lovers/fanatics. I am still teary-eyed reading about this saga. Lee

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize this was sjuch a long drive for you, Betty. Thanks for doing this leg of the journey. I must be feeling better, blue cheese burger sounds good, lol. Debbie, Gryffindor and Jewel

Anonymous said...

Betty, you are doing such a great job of telling our story! Thanks! Looking forward to the next "official" entry.

Jan

Schleiermacher said...

What a great blog! Fish and I are so impressed, and so are Maggie, Gordon, and Caitlin. And Mom, of course. We thank God for all the aunties and uncas who are helping Mr. Boots to his new home.

Mach