Jan 27, 2007

To tide us over


Now that Mr Boot's story is getting known across the blogosphere we need to keep all readers, The Cats Pajamas and others, satisfied.

Here's a photo of Mr Boots (right) with Molly in Phyllis' home. She took this on 22 January. It was before Mr B went to the groomer and had his stomach shaved.

The only cat of the trio that has been a bit bent out of shape with Mr Boots' arrival was Tuxxie, but perhaps by the time Phyllis gets home he will have adjusted.

+

About the same time (21 January), Val found Wylie's first note to the Cats Pajamas:

In note #84096 to THE CATS PAJAMAS, WYLIE SMITH wrote:
I have been lurking in several meetings on Ecunet for a few months and just got up my courage to write a few notes (and the computer skill to do that). This is by far the meeting that I enjoy the most (with Kitty Pics and WIMO close behind). You certainly don't need more notes here, but you all are my kind of people. I want to quit eavesdropping and participate.

I am a Presbyterian clergywoman who pastors a church of 190 in Raleigh, NC. I am owned by a wonderful, twelve year-old domestic longhair (golden with a white blaze on his chest and four white feet) named Mr. Boots. Until late August his littermate sister, Phantom, lived with us, but she has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. We both miss her a lot. Mr. Boots will have to speak to you through me because the only computer I have access to is at my office, and he would rather stay at home and rule the roost.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

+

And in the old email collection of notes from Wylie, she wrote: Attention, Photographers!

Hark!

We have such beautiful kitties in these meetings and several good photographers. Please check out this webpage and consider sending your pics. I know we have some winners in this group! This comes for the "page-a-day" folks.

To a couple of folks, there is a section for "Bad Cats." We know who they are!

Wylie

Whose? Certainly not Mr B; he was a good kitty nurse to Wylie.

+

And this note, which I saved, shows Wylie's concern for others:

Hark!

I too am concerned about K. In another meeting one of the flock had to go to the hospital. She too is single and we did not hear about her for some time. When I had my surgery, Debbie was willing to share with you all about me, but I was back on the computer and so could talk with you. Maybe we need to have someone who keeps contact numbers or e-mail addresses of friends or family for each of us. Then if we are absent from a meeting for any time or if we get a note like K's (and I am sure she won't be able to let us know more of a while)we could be in touch with the contact person. Those of you who have spouses, partners, roommates, may be able to have someone access your computer and talk with us. But others of us don't have that. I recall a couple of years ago I had shared that I was having a difficult time at the church and had a meeting to go to that I was worried about. Then I neglected to tell you that I was going out of town. When I returned I saw all these notes saying, "Anyone heard from Wylie? Is she all right?" I appreciated the care. I'd love to know if Kim is all right. What do the rest of you think about having a contact list? Who would be willing to keep it?

Wylie

We did create such a list, thanks to Wylie. Surely she is watching over us now.

No comments: