Jan 22, 2007

Mr. Boots Writes

Note -Mr. Boots has been writing regularly to TCP.

Jan 7, 2007

Hello to my Aunties and Uncles.

I remember you from a long time ago when my mom would let me write to you. Auntie Phyllis tells me you have praying for me and loving me all week. With all that attention I have had no choice but to hang on hoping for a better day.It seems like a very long time that I was alone, scared, and wondering what would happen to me. Then yesterday, this lady puts me in my carrier and then into the car. I thought I was going to vet but we kept driving and driving. Just when I thought I couldn't stand this driving anymore, the car stopped, I was handed over to another lady, and we did it all over again. I did get to listen to Tony Bennet who lulled me to sleep for a while. Then the car stopped again, and I was handed over to two ladies. Off we went in the car again. After a very long time, the car stopped and I was taken into a house and then into a room with a comforter on the floor (which makes a nice nest), a litter box, catnip, and food. Boy did I eat and drink. I didn't realize how starved I have been. I just didn't feel like eating. Auntie Phyllis held me, crooned to me, brushed me, and before I knew it I was purring. It felt so good to be touched. She brought me another dish of food at bedti! me and I ate that too. She again gave me cuddles and I settled down in my nest. I was so tired!This morning was more of the same routine. I could get used to this. Again, I ate all my food. She gave me a treat too, but I wasn't very interested in that. Thank you all for all you are doing for me.

Purrs to you all.

Mr. Boots


Jan 9, 2007

Hi to my Aunties, Uncles, and all the kitties out there,

I've had a very interesting day. Auntie Phyllis zoom groomed me
twice and got a lot of hair off me as well as some of the
smaller knots. She is working very gently on the big ones. Maybe I
won't have to go to a groomer. Oh the zoom groom! It feels
wonderful. I even purred loud enough that she could actually hear
me.

In between she took me out of my sanctuary and sat on the sofa
with me. Three kitties came up and looked at me. Molly said
"hello" and I answered her. They didn't seem all that scary but I
did want to go hide just in case. After I met all three, she
took me back to my sanctuary.

She tells me Diane really wants to meet me and help take care of
me. She is a real cat person and understands my plight. Looks
like I am going to become a Tennessee kitty.

So far, that seems like a good deal. I like it here.

Purrs,

Mr. Boots



Jan 11, 2007

Hi all,

Auntie Phyllis just spent time with me feeding me, cleaning the litter box, and brushing me. I just couldn't help myself. I had to purrrrrr! She brought Friskie's Tarter Control Tuna and Salmon flavor to me and I loved it. Maybe that will help my yellow, tarter encrusted teeth a little bit. They are nice and crunchy. I begged for more so she gave a couple more. I chewed them right up also.

Purrs Mr. Boots


Jan 20, 2007

Hi to All,

About 5 PM this afternoon marks two weeks that I have been a Tennessee kitty. My life has sure been up and down for quite some time. When I got here I was really scared, but I've been brushed and brushed and brushed and cuddled and cuddled and cuddled and fed and fed and fed. Now I'm feeling more comfortable about being out in the house. If I get scared, I have my favorite hiding spot that I go back to. Molly and Susie seem like nice cats. Tuxxie growls at me every time I get close so I just try to stay out of his way. All in all, life is good. I didn't think I would feel this way again!

Mr. Boots

No comments: