Feb 14, 2007

from Phyllis to everyone


Dear friends,

What a sense of community we have here. I am so grateful for it. From the beginning of the saga, so many folks wanted to help and in many ways did help. I won't even attempt to list everyone involved because I am sure I would leave someone out. Besides, I have no idea who sent money for the fund. But I do appreciate and love you all.

I do want to thank the folks who worked on the blog. I got that printed out and have a memory I can read when tears aren't quite so close to the surface.

Changing the subject a bit, Ron from the humane society came today and got my check for the cremation. He also took all of Mr. Boots things to use at the humane society or put in their resale shop. Tomorrow he will bring the ashes back to me. I ordered a cute urn that has kitties all over it that I found online. I hope it is as cute when I lay my eyes on it.

After paying for the cremation, I had $125 left here that people have sent me. I went in to settle up with Dan. He charged me $118 and did not give me an itemized bill. Either he was shook up or he chose not to charge for the lab, surgery, and feeding tube. I feel I need to get that clarified which I will do when he calls me with lab results.

He showed me the stack of cards he has received and shook his head in amazement. It is beyond his comprehension that he is getting cards from all over the country regarding a cat these people have never met. He kept saying over and over "I wish it could have been different". Well, so do I.

Phyllis

No comments: