Feb 8, 2007

Sad news about Mr Boots

Phyllis wrote in this evening with this difficult news to absorb:

Dan thinks the problem with MB is a very aggressive form of cancer of
the mouth. We will not know for sure until lab results . He doesn't
want to put him down until he knows the answer. He called the lab to
see if he could get results expedited. They told him it will be
Tuesday at the earliest and more likely Wednesday since they have a
tremendous backlog.

So I will feed him through the tube until we know. He also
recommended keeping him caged because he will have diarrhea
from feeding and he will continue the drooling from his
mouth. Right now that is bloody because of taking the sample. I
guess I won't get to sleep with him again.

I hate the thought of him spending his final days caged. I hate all
of this!!!!! He is such a special cat. I am just sick about it
all. I knew he didn't have much life left, but I never imagined it
would be like this.

+


Words really aren't sufficient at this moment but we rally around Phyllis, who is at the center of this storm, and pray that she knows she is doing the best she can for a kitty who is loved by many people.

If there were a way to hug Phyllis and Mr Boots and lay hands on them, we would all do it. For now, we do it virtually (+).

No comments: