Feb 3, 2007

Update on Mr Boots

Phyllis wrote in at 6.15 EST

Dan finally got home. He was filling in for a vet in Cookeville today. He called me when he was heading home and met me at his clinic. Mr. Boots has a very swollen tongue with abrasions on one side. The only thing we can figure is that he got into some of the glass before Dottie got there to clean it up. He is already dehydrated because he can't swallow with that swollen tongue. He probably is also very hungry. Anyway, Dan wrapped him up in a blanket and took him home with him so he can get some fluids in him and start him on two meds - one to bring down the swelling and the other will be an antibiotic.

Poor guy. Life is not easy for him. And here I thought I was providing a safe haven. I'm feeling really bad about this!!!!!

So all of you readers, keep your good thoughts and prayers for Mr Boots, for Phyllis and for Dottie, too.

No comments: