Feb 2, 2007

PD is home with Mr B


Sounds like things got a bit wild chez PD. This note doesn't feature Mr Boots, but shows what new household he now inhabits. We've all known that Susie is a terror... well, she has proven herself once again as a feisty orange girl. [The picture that accompanies this note dates from a while ago (July 2002) and is entitled, 'Susie at play.']

Phyllis reports:

I'm home with the Trio plus one or the Quartet or the TN 4 or whatever you want to call them.

The trio are fine and Mr. Boots is very much out and about. I think he is dividing his time between Molly and Susie while Tuxxie stands aside very confused about the whole thing!

I came home to a disaster of sorts. Because Susie is the one who likes to climb and also opens doors, she is the likely culprit. When my cat sitter came in today she found one of the cupboard doors open and glass everywhere. That glass had been my mother's Fostoria Early American (or something like that) along with salad plates to her china which were English Wedgewood. I keep telling myself it is just stuff but I must admit that I am heart broken. Apparently there was glass on the counters across the way and spread from one end of the kitchen to the other as well as in drawers. It was everywhere. Molly and Tuxxie were hiding under the bed. No one had gone to the litter boxes which are in the laundry room beyond the kitchen. Their food was full of pieces of glass. I just hope no one swallowed any of it. My cat sitter was busy cleaning it up when we pulled in the driveway. She was quite upset. I am afraid I may have lost a cat sitter as the result.

But at least we are all safe and warm! What a welcome home!!!

PD, TN4

Condolences to PD on the occasion of the destruction of her china. Let's hope that chandelier-swinging Susie doesn't teach Mr Boots any new tricks.

No comments: