Feb 9, 2007

Lots of conversation about Mr B

The TCP crowd has written a lot about Mr Boots and thanks to Pam, we have the round-up of the notes that were sent today. There are lots of prayers and thoughts winging toward Mr Boots and Phyllis, and we hope they can feel them.

From Dennis: Whatever happens, he is worth every hour expended on him and every dollar as well. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat. And I know you will do whatever you can even if the worst is true. God's blessing on you and Mr. Boots. There was a chorus of Amens to that sentiment.

From Betty: Phyllis, I'm so sad to read your news. And I'm mad that cancer is involved. I hate that word and what it does to living beings. I keep thinking about Wylie and how devastating this would have been for her. I'm so glad you are willing to care for Mr. Boots at this time. I wish I lived closer to help. Mr. Boots has come to mean so much to all of us. I agree with others that it's worth the cost both monetary and emotionally. Heartfelt prayers for both of you.

From Val: Let's keep hoping. He wasn't having trouble with his mouth before the glass episode, so that still could be it. Thank you for all you are doing. I wish I could be there also. Avatar agreed that so long as there is hope, let's not give up until Mr. Boots does.

From Lois: Oh, Phyllis! I'm praying very hard that Dan is wrong ... Tabitha had a tumor in her mouth, too, and I finally had to give up and help her to the bridge. You may remember that. But I could force feed her without a tube, until the end when I gave up because it bothered her so! I also hate to think of keeping him caged for his last days ... oh shit I hate this! Please know that all our prayers are with you and Mr. Boots!!! Lois also hopes that Mr. Boots can be let out of his cage after a day or two.

From Caroline: I'm concerned for you, Phyllis, and I think we all are for several reasons. I know you are deeply attached to Mr. Boots and love him as you do the other 3 cats. What makes this even harder for you is that you are doing this for the sake of Wylie whose memory we all cherish and because we are all attached to Mr. Boots and are invested in his welfare. He has become everybody's cat on TCP. I'm worried that if something happens soon to Mr. Boots or if you feel that he needs to cross the bridge, that you will feel that you have let Wylie and all of us down, and that is simply not the case! We all love you for the special care and affection you have and are showing, and I think I speak for everyone in saying that whatever decisions you make WILL be the right ones for Mr. Boots. Everything you have done so far is wonderful and right. Painful as it may be, if it is time for Mr. Boots to cross the bridge, Wylie will be waiting there for him. Remember that you have nothing but our love, prayers and admiration. Pet him for all of us, and take care of yourself as well. Caroline and the gingerbread cats

From Barb: What she said. Any decision you make will be the right one. I'm backing you 100 percent of the way. Let us all know if you need more money.

Mr. Boots Update (Early Friday Morning)
I have spent much of the night holding him. He seems relaxed in my arms. When I got home from rehearsal he had managed to remove the outer layer of tape that protects the feeding tube. It was just dangling. Apparently it is crimped below where I can see it because I couldn't get anything down the tube. So I was unable to feed him. I sense a change in him. This last go around may have been just too much for him.

Caroline: Mr. Boots certainly knows that he is well loved!

Mr. Boots Update (Late Friday morning)
I just got back from visiting Dan. He got the line straightened out and retaped. He was amazed that Mr. Boots had been able to remove it. The only thing we could figure is that he is wiping his mouth with paw frequently and he may have somehow caught a paw in the tape. He again cut his claws and used a different kind of tape.

Meanwhile MB made his usual room to room inspection of the house and stood over his water bowl for a considerable amount of time before he settled in for his morning nap. I have him in my bathroom rather than the cage while I try to get a few things done. Also I have another rehearsal at 10:30. If he lets loose with diarrhea, I'll just have to clean it up. It's a small bathroom, but he has more room than the cage and it seems to be the warmest room in the house. His mouth is still oozing also, but that is pretty easy to clean up.

Since I am going on approximately 0 sleep this will probably be another less than stellar rehearsal. I must have dozed at some point while I was holding him, but that is not good sleep. Gotta run. Phyllis

From Debbie: Phyllis, my screen is blurry when I think of what you and MB are going through. I know how hard it is to have a sick cat, but when I think of the love and compassion MB is getting now instead of hit and miss feedings in a lonely house, I am grateful you have done this for us on TCP.

From Lois: I have the feeling that Mr. Boots will know when it's his time, and none of us begrudge him any of the efforts on his behalf!

Our concern is for you, too, Phyllis. Take care of yourself!

From Val: I think that whatever has been done for Mr. Boots so far has been the right thing, and we have all been a part of it in one way or another. It will soon be apparent whether Mr. Boots will pull through or go to be with Wylie. Either way, we have given what we can, and you, Phyllis, are giving your all for the poor little guy. Please try to get help where you need it, and don't wear yourself out!

Lee's sister commented that 'even if spending their last moments in the ICU or confined these cats know their people are doing their best for them. Ajax Sr. spent his final week in the ICU (kidney failure) and when I would visit he would put his arms around my neck and lick my turtleneck 'til the end.'

Phyllis found those words comforting: Thanks Lee. I needed that!! I am having a very hard time holding back my tears today. I feel like I am totally out of control. Mr. Boots purred when I zoom groomed him today - his very soft purr that says " oh, thank you, that feels so good".

There were many expressions of love and support for Phyllis and Mr. Boots. They both continue to be in our prayers.

No comments: