Feb 12, 2007

Words of Wisdom


Cliff wrote words that speak to all of us who knew Mr Boots and who have been touched by the life of a cat.

I think a loving community of believers is oh so important. I think Mr Boots was a gift from Wiley to all of us in TCP and quite possibly people we don't even know. The story of Mr Boots will appear in our monthly newsletter, The Hearth, in February. Just where the influence Wiley had on us will end is somewhere the other side of eternity. All that we have is a gift from God. I look at my surroundings and am so grateful for the stewardship God has given me over these gifts. I don't own them and they are not mine to keep. Death on this planet frequently increases this loving community and that is as it should be. Yes it is painful but there is great peace at the bridge. I'm sure Wiley is grateful to have Mr Boots back in her lap. Mr Boots job is done and he has gone home. I'm also sure that Wiley has no choice but to share her gifts with all the other critters that God has sent us. Sir Toby will wait for me and is in good care.

I get very quiet when I have to return a gift from God but I understand the reasons why it has to be that way.

Cliff

No comments: